Private ancillary funds
A private ancillary fund (PAF) is a charitable trust that allows you to create your own personalised giving program during your lifetime and it can continue after you have gone.
A PAF is an appropriate philanthropic structure if you:
- want to establish a long-term, tax-effective personalised giving program
- have a minimum of $500,000 to start your giving program
- want to be involved in the investment management and gifting decisions of your foundation
- want your philanthropy to be effective over the long term
- want to involve family members and future generations in your passion for philanthropy.
We can help you and your adviser establish your PAF with the correct governance structure and documentation to ensure it runs smoothly in the future.
As trustee, AET PAF Pty Ltd (a subsidiary of AET) will ensure your PAF is compliant at all times. We will work with your adviser to oversee the PAF’s investment strategy, enabling you to focus on the most rewarding part of philanthropy – making grants to eligible charities you wish to support.
We will work closely with you to establish your clients’ PAFs using the governance structures and documentation necessary to ensure they operate smoothly in the future – providing peace of mind for you and your clients.
Our unbundled or partnership approach means you maintain your relationships with your clients and provide investment advice for their PAFs while we manage the ongoing risk and compliance.
You can view information on your clients’ accounts at any time via our secure online portal – AET My Portfolio. Each year, we will assist you to conduct client reviews, in which your clients nominate which charities they wish to support. We can also provide giving advice if required.