Appointing an executor
An executor is the person or organisation responsible for carrying out the wishes outlined in your Will. When appointing an executor, you can choose a family member, a friend or professional trustee company - such as us.
Being an executor is often a time-consuming, complex and challenging task that takes place at what can be a difficult and emotional time.
Appointing a professional trustee company, such as AET, to act as executor brings many benefits:
- because of our capacity to be independent, objective and impartial, we act on your wishes and not subject to family influence
- we have more than 130 years’ experience in estate administration, and our sound business practices mean we provide continuity of service.
- we do not rely on a single person(s), whose absence, illness or death could prevent them from fulfilling their duties to you
- by letting us undertake the often onerous and demanding role of executor or trustee, you gain a sense of security and peace of mind.
We can help administer a deceased estate and we can prepare an estate plan. Or in the case of legal or other incapacity, we provide attorney and financial management services.
For more information about our executor services, please speak to your adviser or call us on 1800 882 218.
When it comes to managing a deceased estate and appointing an executor, your clients have two options:
- they can choose an individual (either a family member or friend)
- or a professional trustee company, such as AET.
A client can appoint us as the executor of their Will, we can assist them administer a deceased estate or we can prepare an estate plan for them. Or if a client is elderly or has a legal or other incapacity, we can provide financial management services.
We are always willing to work in partnership with you to give your clients specialist advice on estate and trustee services.
For more information about our executor services call us on 1800 882 218.