For more than 20 years, we have specialised in trustee services for Aboriginal communities and Native Title claim groups.
We support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and Native Title claim groups manage, distribute and invest compensation funds for the benefit of their communities.
We assist prescribed body corporates, lawyers and contributors that support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and Native Title claim groups and Native Title trusts that generally involve mining. Mining companies enter into an agreement with a Native Title claim group to pay funds into nominated trusts in exchange for being able to access and mine Native Title land.
When Traditional Owners choose us to act as trustee, we commit to:
- being a regular presence in the local community to foster engagement
- building the Traditional Owners’ capacity for self-sustainability and self-empowerment
- ensuring assets are held securely and invested wisely
- making distributions swiftly, recognising the community’s immediate and long-term needs
- distributing funds to charitable causes to maximise positive social impact
- assisting in other areas, including budgeting, taxation, governance and policy creation.
For more information on trustee services for Aboriginal communities, please contact: