Betty Ward Foundation
The Betty Ward Foundation was established by the Late Evelyn Betty Ward in 2016. Betty was a committed member of the South Australian community and left her Estate to her foundation to support charities aligned with her interests and organisations that support young people and their communities break the cycle of intergenerational disadvantage.
AET PAF Pty Ltd is The Betty Ward Foundation’s trustee and supports the advisory committee in reviewing applications and evaluating charitable partnerships.
Eligible charities can apply for funding via an expression of interest process.
How granting decisions are made
The Foundation is currently supporting organisations aligned with the strategy’s pillars. We encourage applications from organisations that:
- Foster an appreciation of culture and/or sports in schools and within homes.
- Enable access to culture and/or sports for young people who face financial and physical barriers to participation.
- Develop the skills and capability of talented local teachers.
The Foundation accepts applications for funding up to the value of $25,000 per annum and may consider supporting multiple year funding agreements with suitable charitable partners.
Organisations who complete an expression of interest may be invited to complete a detailed application. The Committee meets between April and May each year. Applicants will be advised of the outcome of their submissions in early June.
Apply for a grant
Register your interest:
We suggest you consider the following steps prior to contacting us directly:
- Step 1: Register your interest by completing the expression of interest form.
Please note: Unfortunately, due to the number of enquiries we receive, we will only respond to expressions of interest we believe are aligned with The Foundation’s giving strategy.
- Step 2: You may be contacted by AET to complete a detailed application form for consideration by the Foundation’s advisory committee.