Angior Family Foundation
The Angior Family Foundation (the Foundation) is a perpetual Charitable Trust established in 2001 in Victoria by the will of the late Leonard Holmes Angior. Since its inception, the Foundation has distributed over $7.8 million in grants for charitable purposes in Victoria.
AET Limited is the Foundation's sole trustee and works closely with an advisory committee. The advisory committee reviews the grant applications to determine which applications are best aligned with the wishes of Leonard Holmes Angior and then makes grant recommendations to the Trustee.
The role of the advisory committee
The Foundation’s advisory committee reviews grant applications and makes recommendations to AET Limited to approve grants. The Committee compromises of independent members who were close friends and associates of the Angior Family Foundation’s founder, Leonard Holmes Angior.
The committee meets quarterly to:
- monitor the investment performance of the fund
- review the progress of projects funded by the Foundation
- discuss broader issues aligned to the not-for-profit sector (especially in the areas aligned with the Foundation's granting strategy)
- review grant applications and make grant recommendations to the Trustee.
How the advisory committee makes granting decisions
Members of the advisory committee evaluate grant applications based on the wishes and Will of the Foundation’s founder, Leonard Holmes Angior. The Foundation supports:
- The Anglican Church of Australia Trust Corporation for the Diocese of Melbourne,
- Charities having, as their main purpose, the support of performing arts in Victoria, and
- Charities engaged in the provision of medical services or in medical research of any description.
The Foundation accepts annual applications for funding up to $30,000 from February to early April via a specified application process.
In FY21 the Angior Family Foundation received 38 requests for funding totalling approx. $855k. Of these, 14 applied through the performing arts stream and 24 applied for medical grants.
Apply for a grant
Funding decisions are made in line with the Foundation’s granting process. We suggest you consider the following steps prior to contacting us directly:
- Step 1: Register your interest by completing the expression of interest form.
Please note: Unfortunately, due to the number of enquiries we receive, we will only respond to expressions of interest we believe are aligned with the Foundation’s grant applications.
- Step 2: Complete the Foundation’s online grant application form by due date and notify AET Philanthropy when submitted.